Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Quaife vs. Type-R LSD........any differences

  1. #1
    Inactive Member 4drsleeper's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 9th, 2001
    Posts
    179
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    I will hopefully be getting my clutch (finally!!!) and an LSD in about 2 months or so. Just curious about the differences between the quaife and type-r LSD's. I don't autocross and I've only been to the track once just to see what I could do. To be honest I really dont engage in to many street races and when I do they always seem to be on-the-fly. However, first gear is nothing but spin and I really want more traction. Considering the above, would it really matter which diff. I go with?


  2. #2
    Inactive Member blowncivic's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 26th, 2000
    Posts
    508
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hmmmm...differences...Lifetime warranty on the Quaife. That warranty and the new pricing so low, the Quaife is the only way to go.

    Tom

    ------------------
    '92 Civic Si H/B B18C1 powered and lovin' it!...J&S Safeguard, custom 2.5" B-pipe, Tenzo-R muffler.
    The JRSC'ed D16Z6 is gone and now lookin' at turbo kits...

    '99 Goped (X-ped) Fully modified, 14.0:1 CR, 17k rpm, 32 mph!

    [email protected]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Zeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 5th, 1999
    Posts
    463
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've ranted on this subject before... forgot to add that My R will spin one wheel every now and again... I'll be getting a Quaife for both cars sooner or later... and I won't be able to sell the stock R LSD to anyone I like!

    ------------------
    1998' 4dr GSR, 8psi JRSC w/hand ported plenum, 320cc injectors, Cartech adj. FMU, Walbro HP fuel pump, TPS trick in the works, valves set to .005i/.006e, MSD BTM, B&M CommandFlo regulator, stock intake w/ITR "cool air" resinator, Greddy sp exhaust, Tokico Illumina 5-ways, ITR springs, Skunkworks 22mm rear swaybar(removed due to mount torn out at present), ES motor mounts and front swaybar bushings, 205/50WR/15 Kumho Supra 712s, KVR Carbon Fibre pads, Super blue dot 4 brake fluid, B&M fuel pressure gauge, Autometer sport comp A/F gauge in dimmer location
    ...


    YLW 00' Type R #00-1011 with "special tuning" and 143db triple air horns

    Honest officer, I had no idea how fast I was going...the speedometer only gos to 150...

  4. #4
    Inactive Member VTECPWR's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 20th, 1999
    Posts
    158
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    I know that the Quafie will handle a lot more power than the TypeR.

    I think, but I am not sure, that the Quafie will lock up faster.

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member JRCivic's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2000
    Posts
    3,835
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The cost is so close between the two... yet the Quaife offers a lifetime warranty, whereas the OE Type "R" has NO warranty.

    It is a no-brainer: GET THE QUAIFE !!!


    ------------------



    '93 Civic Si H/B with B18C1, JRSC @ 8psi
    Best 1320: 12.68 at 110 mph

  6. #6
    Inactive Member 4drsleeper's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 9th, 2001
    Posts
    179
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I guess Quaife is the way to go. I hadn't checked the pricing on type-R LSD but I did see the earlier posts about the new quaife pricing. Thanks guys.

    Later,
    Kurt

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •